The fact is that you needn’t always spend a lot of money searching for audio perfection. Indeed, you can still get a good-quality record player at $500. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the best choices on the market. There is a wide range of options, including vintage turntables. They are just under $500, but they have something for everyone. Keep reading this article to discover them.
You may like: Top 5 Best Turntables Under 2000 Dollars
Top 5 Best Turntable under $500 Reviews
If you’re asking yourself the question: What is the best turntable for the money? Then today we will have for you a list of 5 best turntables under $500 for home.
Yamaha TT-S303 Hi-Fi Vinyl Belt Drive Turntable – Piano Black
Yamaha offers multiple turntables. When it comes to the best turntable under $500, we have to mention the Yamaha TT-S303. This turntable looks excellent. It has a sleek modern finish. Also, the turntable has excellent clarity. It ensures to give you all the features you want from a good end turntable under $500.
- It comes with a sturdy cabinet. And, it’s designed to decrease vibrating that may be very annoying
- Accurate tonearm. It won’t waver in pitch at all
- Fitted with a preamp of very high quality. It allows you to send the audio straight to speakers
- It doesn’t come with any Bluetooth as well as other connectivity
- There is no USB option
Audio-Technica AT-LP1240-USB Direct-Drive Professional DJ Turntable
The Audio-Technica AT-LP1240-USB should also be listed on our list. This model actually is marketed as a DJ turntable. You can also use this unit as a standalone turntable. This turntable is different from other products on the list a bit. Indeed, it comes with more of pro audio feel to it.
- It is designed with very stable rotation as well as multiple speeds
- It helps you connect directly to speakers thanks to the switchable preamp
- It’s fitted with USB functionality, so you can rip audio to the computer easily. That’s why it’s ideal for archiving old records to MP3
- There is an anti-resonant platter along with damping mat that means no buzzing
- It’s not fitted with a cartridge. Since it’s made for audio pros, you may need to find as well as install your own cartridge.
Fluance RT81 Elite High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable Record Player
If you are looking for a turntable under $500 with a vintage look, we recommend you to choose the Fluance RT81. This model also has the audio capabilities you may want to look for.
In spite of no USB capabilities or connectivity, this model is a very sturdily built one. It won’t have any of the vibration issues you can experience in some of the other cheaper products out there.
- The turntable is designed as a homage to record player of yesteryear
- It includes a brilliant Audi-Technica cartridge, so it offers you long-lasting durability
- It comes with excellent looking walnut finish with a plinth that is to keep it still without vibration
- It doesn’t come with digital features as well as connectivity
- It isn’t as quiet as some of the other products
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Turntable with Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge
This model is sleek, modern, and minimal. It is designed to suit many modern homes. This model looks great. However, it is available in a number of different finishes to choose from, such as white, black, walnut, and more.
It has become a decent option because of its good looking and accuracy and clever design. It is one of the best choices under $500.
- It has an impressive and accurate carbon tonearm
- It can stay very sturdy without buzz thanks to the weighty platter and padded bottom
- It is accurate due to the precision belt driver as well as asynchronous motor
- There is an Ortofon 2M red cartridge designed for great sound reproduction
- It doesn’t come with USB capabilities or connectivity
- It doesn’t have the removable cartridge, so it is impossible to change it in the future if needed
Crosley K200 Direct-Drive Turntable Stereo System with Bluetooth Speakers
This model is popular for being a mid-range home audio brand. The Crosley K200 comes in well below 500 dollars. Although this turntable isn’t an elite product, it has a ton of brilliant reviews. It’s perfect for those who need ones for home listeners who need a mid-range product without the issue of finding speakers.
- It doesn’t require you to purchase speakers separately
- You can connect it via Bluetooth
- It comes with a slip mat stopping any vibration that may affect the sound
- Tone-arm operates well for staying relatively accurate
- It doesn’t have USB option for ripping audio
- The cartridge should be better quality so it can be replaced if you need
Now, you had a list of the best products that you can get with the cost under $500. If you want to get a turntable for accuracy and audio clarity, we recommend you to purchase the Yamaha TT-S303.
This model is also our choice for the best record player this year. All the products we mentioned above are the best options you should consider. Your choice will depend on your specific needs. Hopefully, our reviews can help you make the right choice. Happy shopping!